Structural BIM Engineer
· The ability to work in a variety of projects environments including commercial, Educational, Industrial and health care related projects.
· Manage and coordinate project deliverables / delegated tasks with project team.
· Reviewing Tender Information for completeness and identify any gaps in the provided information.
· Identify any design and constructability issues with major impact on cost, programme and risks.
· Initiating and preparing 3D modelling environment (Grids, levels, model information…etc) to best serve the agreed deliverables.
· Creating and customising BIM Objects to best serve the project’s workflow.
· Building and Developing BIM-based 3D models utilising the adopted software according to the project’s needs.
· Undertaking design and review of design of Temporary Works as needed.
· Producing Logistics models and plans where required in compliance with PAS 1192-6:2018
· Undertaking review of the completed logistics models and plans, 4D models and cost plan information for completeness.
· Reviewing the design information produced to date and identifying shortfalls in information.
· Developing all engineering details, schedules and model information to conclude the construction information in coordination with other disciplines.
· Producing rebar detailing 2D drawings and Bar Bending Schedules (BBS) based on the developed 3D models.
· Updating 3D models with site provided information; where such information will be available as laser scan files, 2D information, sketch information…etc
· Undertaking and managing Clash detection process and communicating the outcomes with involved parties in the project.
· Developing models to the Employer Information Requirements (EIR) and Content Plans.
· Producing all model information based on the agreed BEP.
· Initiating, coordinating and providing input into BIM Execution Plan (BEP) in compliance with ISO19650-2.
· Providing all as built information as per the client and MID Group requirements.
· Ensuring that all information is issued to be web portal and in compliance with MID group process.
· Developing periodic reports related to the activities of the project and team.
· Handling any other work-related activities as per the direction of the Direct Supervisor.
· Communicating with consultants for clarifying and completing technical information through the General Manager.
· Reviewing and QA/QC project deliverables.
· Strive to continuously develop his/her skills in the company’s core applications.
· Adapts To changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Takes Independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Quick learner.
· Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Provide out of the box solutions to expedite the work and save time and efforts.
· When needed, he/she is required to travel to local/international sites.
· BIM Knowledge: good command of the terminology, codes, and best practices.
· Computer Skills:
Autodesk Revit: Professional (ACP is a plus)
Autodesk NavisWorks Manage: Intermediate
Trimble Tekla: Intermediate
STAAD Pro: Beginner
· English: fluency in speaking and writing
· Years of experience: 3 – 4
· Degree: BSc degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
· Good Communication skills
· Job Location: Amman, Jordan
· Direct supervisor: Structural BIM Engineer
· Employment Type: Full time – Annual Contract.
· Number of Vacancies: 1